Research Output per year
Raquel graduated from BVSc Melbourne University in 2004. She worked in mixed practice in Australia and overseas for 8 years, before branching into her own mobile based practice. Since 2012 Raquel has worked in the Equine Industry treating horses and dogs with Muscle Release Therapy and completing a Graduate Diploma in Animal Biomechanical Medicine, encompassing chiropractic and osteopathic techniques as well as Rehabilitation in 2016.
Raquel has studied many therapies including the Masterson Method, Equine EcoSomatics (Craniosacral), Vetkin Taping, Saddle fitting and Laser (Photobiomodulation) therapy.
In 2015 she began teaching clinics in Equine Anatomy and Palpation, Equine Biomechanics, Equine Veterinary Biomechanical Assessment and Equine Vetkin taping, to practitioners and horse people Nationally and Internationally. Raquel has a special interest in Anatomy and Biomechanics of the horse investigating this through Equine dissections.
In 2018 Raquel became the president of the Animal Biomechanical Professionals of Australia.
Raquel is very passionate about Equine injury rehabilitation and for rehabilitation to become an integral aspect of the Veterinary profession.
- ASC208 – Equine Disease, Injury and Rehabilitation
- ASC321 – The Equine Athlete
- ASC202 - Equine Locomotion
Research and teaching Interests
- Equine Injury Rehabilitation
- Equine Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Bridging the gap between the Veterinary profession and paraprofessionals to improve animal rehabilitation
- Animal Biomechanical Professionals Australasia (ABPA)
- Equine Therapies Association Australia
- International Association of Veterinary Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Activities per year
Raquel Butler (Speaker)
Activity: Academic engagement & professional development › Online content/delivery
Activity: Academic engagement & professional development › Expert/advisor